“Every preacher needs a coach. I think to myself as I listen to sermons, ‘This preacher would be 50% better if he or she had a coach…and would listen to a coach.’” —Dwight Moody
The Preacher’s Coach
"Every preacher needs a coach. I think to myself as I listen to sermons, ‘This preacher would be 50% better if he or she had a coach…and would listen to a coach.’ –Dwight Moody
Though preaching the word of God is a great joy and opportunity to help, encourage, and inspire people, preaching is a lifelong journey that requires discipline, study, prayer, spiritual growth, continuing education, and skill enhancement. A unique and effective method of continuing to develop your preaching ability has opened up: individualized and professional coaching in preaching by The Preacher’s Coach.
Work one-on-one with the Preacher’s Coach, who is a master teacher of preaching with over twenty-five years of experience teaching homiletics, thirty years of preaching experience as a pastor, and author of an array of articles, books, and media products in preaching to:
- Discover true joy, passion, enthusiasm, and fun in your preaching;
- Grow in your preaching through preaching assessments that move beyond the obligatory, “Nice sermon” at the back of the church;
- Establish practical and achievable goals for your preaching;
- Correct any perceived deficiencies in preaching training;
- Enhance your preaching fundamentals, such as centrality of the Biblical text, sermon structure, delivery of the sermon, and the ever important close of the sermon;
- Assistance with preaching in seasons of spiritual drought, church conflict, and personal/family crisis;
- Connect preaching and the preacher’s spiritual formation;
- Review sermons for special and important preaching occasions;
Client completes 1) Self Reflection Survey, 2) the Wheel of Preaching, and 3) submits one sermon to Preaching Coach for review.
Session One: Review Client Self Reflection Survey, the Preaching Wheel And Set Preaching Goals and Establish Assignments
Session Two: Review of Client submitted sermon and Preaching Goals and Assignments
Session Three: Review Client Preaching Goals and Assignments
Session Four: Review Client Preaching Goals and Assignments
Session Five: Review Client Preaching Goals and Assignments
Session Six: Review Client Preaching Goals and Assignments
Session Seven: Review Client Preaching Goals and Assignments
Session Eight: Review Final Sermon and Evaluate Client Goals and Assignments (Client Submit Final Sermon to Preaching Coach for review)
Session Nine: Review Final Sermon
Session Ten: Evaluation, Wrap-Up, and Sending Forth
*Note: All sessions are by phone and last one hour
Cost for Individualized Instruction includes:
Preaching As Celebration Homiletics Class on CD, including five lecture CDs, two of the Preacher’s Coach sermons on CD, and workbook (digital version available);
Ten (10) individualized one-on-one sessions with the Preacher’s Coach;
Written review of two client sermons;
Two free copies of selected collectible issues of The African American Pulpit.
Coaching Process involves ten coaching sessions, and ten paid coaching hours within a suggested maximum three month time frame.
Coaching Process totals ten session billable hours @$200 per hour or $2,000.
“I help preachers love their preaching and preach their very best.”